Everything You Need to Protect Your Electrical Contractors Business
Electrical contractors insurance is all about safeguarding you, your business and your employees. What you may not know is that different electrician insurance companies may offer quite different levels of protection — and charge significantly different rates.
Whether you’re an existing electrical contractor or just starting your business, you need to be sure you’re properly protected for the specific risks you face, that you’re fully compliant with legal requirements — and that you’re paying a fair price for your coverage.
You also want to know that someone is on your side to help and support you with everything from risk management to making a claim.
For the solution to all these issues, look no further than Aspen Insurance Agency, the electrical business insurance specialists for downstate New York — Long Island and New York City.
By working with multiple insurers, we offer the widest range of protections, including fast-track certification and binding, at some of the most competitive rates in the state.
Why You Need Electrical Business Insurance
No responsible contractor should be without insurance because of the huge costs associated with lawsuits and potential losses — from tools and equipment to injury and business interruption.
New York state law also requires insurance coverage for certain risks like workers compensation.
But, just as importantly, most contracts and local regulations require proof of insurance before you can even bid for a job.
Types of Electrical Contractors Insurance
Aspen Insurance Agency can customize an insurance plan that meets your needs right now, yet is flexible enough to be adapted to any changes in your business.
Our coverage program includes multiple options such as:
- Contractual liability — protecting you against lawsuits, including your defense costs, that blame you for costly damage or injury.
- Insurance for your tools and equipment, premises and commercial vehicles, against losses due to fire, theft, vandalism etc.
- A Business Owners Policy (BOP) covering the above two safeguards and more.
- Workers Compensation insurance, as required by law. We can protect you with competitive alternatives to the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF).
- Other employee protections including health coverage.
- Umbrella insurance, which raises the financial limits on your standard protection, kicking in when those limits have been reached.
- Business interruption insurance if your activities are disrupted by a covered risk.
We can also arrange one-off coverage for individual projects that have specific, non-standard insurance needs.
Additional Protection and Services
We have many more safeguards and services to support your business interests including:
- Completed Operations coverage — liability insurance for contractors protecting against third-party claims for damage or injury relating to work you previously did.
- Primary and Non-contributory policy wording — coverage that requires your liability insurer to pay out before other policies and without seeking a contribution from them
- Additional Insured — covering people who weren’t named in the original policy. Their names can be added as an endorsement to your existing policy.
- Fast bind coverage and certification issuance as evidence of your coverage. We can produce these within ONE HOUR\
- Waiver of subrogation — a policy endorsement many construction and contract leases demand to protect against one insurer pursuing a claim from another.
- ‘Action over’ coverage to protect against action by an employee who is already receiving workers comp benefits suing a third party for contributing to their injury.
Our service ensures you are fully compliant with contract insurance requirements and New York State labor laws
Get the Answers You Need
Not sure about your electrical contractors insurance needs or whether you’re getting quality protection at the right price?
No worries. Aspen can give you the answers and a fast quotation without any cost or obligation on your part.
We can also answer any other questions you have. And, when you’re as Aspen client, we’ll help you if you have to make a claim.
So, you’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Don’t waste a minute more. Get in touch today and let Aspen show you the way.