Aspen Agency Inc. offers customized insurance policies that will protect your restaurant from loss. And, just as your dining establishment has its unique menu and ambience, the insurance program that protects it should address and provide coverage for every contingency relative to running your business successfully.
Your restaurant insurance policies may provide coverage for:
- Property Insurance – This coverage will protect your property in in the event of a fire or other catastrophe. It may not cover natural disasters, such as floods or earthquakes (see below for a policy that does.) If your business carries a mortgage and/or if your equipment is leased, then you should consider a property insurance policy.
- General Liability Insurance – This umbrella policy protects you and your business in the event someone slips and falls in your restaurant, suffers food poisoning or other common accidents at or attributable to your establishment whether the event was due to negligence or not.
- Liquor Liability Insurance – Most states require that any establishment holding a liquor license carry a liquor liability codicil as part of their insurance policy. It helps protect you if a customer has too much to drink and drives and injures themselves, damages another’s property or causes harm to third parties.
- Automobile Liability Insurance – If you drive a company vehicle or lease a fleet, this is important coverage. It may be included in your general liability, but always check with your Aspen Insurance agent first.
- Workers Compensation Insurance– Protects you if an employee is hurt at work. Most states require that all employers carry some type of workers’ comp.
Some restaurant insurance oversights are easy to locate and provide coverage for. However, others take time and attention. For example, how does one quantify the potential loss due to an interruption of business? How does this information dovetail with the coverage provided by your establishment’s restaurant insurance policy? If outside power fails, what damage can that cause and to what extent can that potential financial loss be protected? Is your food covered for spoilage? Do you have adequate protection in the event of a liquor liability claim? Are you properly protected from a claim arising from a vendor delivery?
Aspen Agency Inc.’s Programs will Provide You and Your Business With: The best possible (cost/coverage), combination for your restaurant’s property, and casualty insurance needs. Aspen’s highly experienced staff understands the challenges of running a restaurant and the coverages needed to protect your business. Outstanding service geared to deliver results without delay. A customized restaurant insurance program to meet your specific assets and exposures, at a price tailored to maximize your budget.